“Hope for the Gospel Friends… Maybe?!”
Episode 83 of The Gospel Friends
Get Right To It
Hope for the Gospel Friends
This portion of the episode is a collaboration with our friend and previous contributor on TGF, Kevin Small. We look to answer some questions posed on Hope for the Journey from our… um, unique… perspective.
- Why do we treat prayer like a last resort?
- How do we deal with the temptation to embrace our prodigals sin? i.e. if a loved one is gay, all of the sudden we question whether it is a sin or not
- How do you create an atmosphere where people feel comfortable sharing their trial? Especially if they are holding close to the vest because of pride or shame?
- What would you tell someone who have been asking for prayer or counseling but now feel they are being needy and begin pulling back?
- How do you tell someone to hold onto hope without being cliché-y?
More about Hope for the Journey can be found at http://www.myhopejourney.co
Something Funny for the Road
Special thanks to Jeff Hendricks (@FunkyStickman) for our outro music – “Jesus Is A Friend of Mine (Remix)”